What it takes to do what I do everyday.

Acting Skills, Teaching Skills, Writing Skills, Healing Skills, Reading Skills, Math Skills, Cooking Skills, Believing in the impossible skills. And most importantly Binge Drinking Skills.
Not everyone can do it.. and only the Greats
(Like me) can do it well.. Being a Mother, A wife, A lover, a fighter, a Narrator, A director, a teacher of fine human skills is hard work.. And this is how I do it. Or try anyway.

Monday, November 8, 2010

Virtue..

"I guess what I be saying is there ain't no better reason
To rid yourself of vanities and just go with the seasons
It's what we aim to do, our name is our virtue"
Jason Mraz
So, I was driving today with BB Austin in the back seat sleeping..
I was singing along to this song and these lyrics came up.. 
"our name is our virtue" and I thought to myself..
What does my name mean? I cant ever remember
A time when I actually sat down and thought about my name.
Where does it come from? What does it mean?
This is what i learned by google and talking to my mom and dad,
about where it came from.
The girl's name Katrina \k(a)-tri-na, kat-rina\
is pronounced ka-TREE-nah.
Variant short form of Katherine (Greek) "pure".
So there you have it.. My name means "pure"
 I was named after this person















Katrina Van Tassel..
Resident of Sleepy Hollow
I asked my parents why and they said it was because
She was beautiful and she knew how to work her magic on a town. 
They wanted me to be strong willed and loved by all.. 
Pretty much nailed me on the head..If I do say so myself.. haha
So there you go.
My Name Is Katrina.. It means pure.. 
Im going to have to work on making my life 
a little bit like my name.. Purer.. if thats even a word..  :)

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting layout, you've got a fan. Come join mine if you like: http://tinyurl.com/stillmind2
    Peace!

    stillmind

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took such care in choosing my children's names it irritates me to no end that when I asked my mother how my name was chosen for me I received an absolute nothing answer! I was just named a random name it seems ;)

    ReplyDelete