What it takes to do what I do everyday.

Acting Skills, Teaching Skills, Writing Skills, Healing Skills, Reading Skills, Math Skills, Cooking Skills, Believing in the impossible skills. And most importantly Binge Drinking Skills.
Not everyone can do it.. and only the Greats
(Like me) can do it well.. Being a Mother, A wife, A lover, a fighter, a Narrator, A director, a teacher of fine human skills is hard work.. And this is how I do it. Or try anyway.

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Overwhelmed

I am feeling a little bit overwhelmed all of the sudden
My thoughts are spinning out of control
and my heart is beating out of my chest
I was just talking to a friend about our kids.
He has 2 little girls and I have a boy and 1 girl
Our oldest kids are much the same.
They are both Very smart, they would rather
read books about Real things.
Dinosaurs, Planets, Animals. Then play at recess..
I am so worried that I am not doing enough to prepare My son for
The most difficult time of his life.. School
Everyday when he gets on that school bus to get him to first grade
I cringe at the thought of him going there and getting bullied
I am so scared that he is going to be Tormented Like i was.
I dont want him to go through that.
I dont want him to have to cower in the bathroom stall
In fear of his tormenters humiliating him.
I was called the most Horrible names in school
I dont want him to go through that.
I dont want him to be ridiculed for bieng tall and skinny
He has no interest in sports
He has no interest in Tough things.
He loves the computers, he loves video games
He loves to learn and read
I am so proud of that, but is it going to be at his expense?

All day long I can be proud of him
I can love him with ever ounce of me
And I do, I love him.
But is love enough to get him through the most
trying times in a childs life?
I dont know..
What is a mother to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment