What it takes to do what I do everyday.

Acting Skills, Teaching Skills, Writing Skills, Healing Skills, Reading Skills, Math Skills, Cooking Skills, Believing in the impossible skills. And most importantly Binge Drinking Skills.
Not everyone can do it.. and only the Greats
(Like me) can do it well.. Being a Mother, A wife, A lover, a fighter, a Narrator, A director, a teacher of fine human skills is hard work.. And this is how I do it. Or try anyway.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Perspective

*warning... I dont have my glasses on so if my words are a little jumbled thats why..
A couple weeks ago I took a really really hot shower at like 10:30 at night.
I opened the shower window and I saw the shadow of the trees swaying in the wind. It made me think about life..
How things arent always what they appear, or often time things look better from another angle. My daughter hangs herself upside down on anything she can swing on. the couch, the treadmill (I know super dangerous). She always tells me that i'm upside down. and when I say no my love Im right side up and your upside down she says "not from where I'm sittin" So it makes me wonder.. A child sees things from ground level and as they get older there perspective changes. goes from seeing things in a literal sense to a more objective state of mind. I try to look at things Objectively.
When I was standing in the shower inthe steam it created while the cold outside air mixed with the hot steam from the shower I realized something. I realized that life isnt made to be taken literally or Objectively its made to be taken with each breath, each kiss, each hand hold, each laugh, each prayer, each tear. Its ment to be lived and not examined. Examintation should be set aside for more seriously things..
Im not really sure what Im getting at.
the trees had this overwhelming sense of peace. Standing strong enough to withhold even the most powerful of winds. But Gentle enough to lean in praise to the newly snowed on Mountains. I just starred at the quivering leaves.. The Gentleness of it all seemed so peaceful. like I was sitting silently on the porch with a cup of hot chocolate and my best friend. We can say everything without saying anything..
Pretty sure this is the equevelint of a Drunk Blog since im so tired and I cant see. But you know, when a girls gotta write.. Shes got to write~

2 comments:

  1. Love the way you write...very descriptive. You need to write a book!!!

    ReplyDelete