What it takes to do what I do everyday.

Acting Skills, Teaching Skills, Writing Skills, Healing Skills, Reading Skills, Math Skills, Cooking Skills, Believing in the impossible skills. And most importantly Binge Drinking Skills.
Not everyone can do it.. and only the Greats
(Like me) can do it well.. Being a Mother, A wife, A lover, a fighter, a Narrator, A director, a teacher of fine human skills is hard work.. And this is how I do it. Or try anyway.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Surgical Update..

DAY 1

Well I checked into the Hospital at 7:45 AM.
I was so scared.. and hungry.
My mom came with me after working a grave yard shft.
I have never been more grateful for her than that morning.
She took me back into my room helped me get dressed.
She brought her pillow to sleep in the waiting room while she waited for me.
The Surgical Nurse and Recovery nurse came in and introduced themselves.
They kept asking what I needed..
The only thing I could come up with was a DeLorean and a Flux Capacitor.
No one seemed to have one on hand..
WHERE IS DOC BROWN WHEN YOU NEED HIM??
My surgery was at 8:45 so it was just about the wait for a little while.
The stupid Anethesiologist came in with his stupid Sushi Scrubs on!
I called Foul because thats just rude!! I hate sushi.. But still! I was looking at not eating
Right in the face and here is comes with his stupid shit eating grin and Sashimi Scrubs.
Asshole!!

They rolled me into the O.R.
and not long after that I woke up.
Not very happy about it either.
They kept trying to shove things in my throat and all I wanted to do was go home.
Anethesia always makes me throw up..
So I did every hour on the hour until Wednesday Morning..
The thing they dont tell you is that when you have a septoplasty
and you throw up your nose starts bleeding.. 
So while I was getting all Linda Blair in the Barf bucket
My nose started gushing blood.
Let me tell you.
FREAKY!!
I thought I was going to bleed out..
I didnt.. But still it was not fun.


Well at any rate.
I get home about 2 pm.
Barfing and crying.
At like 9 pm I couldnt handle it anymore.
Jason had to come home.
He did. he made it in about an hr and a half.
(he drove 300 miles)
Stopping at the Pharmacy to get me some phinegren
to help with the nausea..


DAY 2
PAIN
SLEEP
PAIN
SLEEP!!

DAY 3
PAIN SLEEP
SLEEP PAIN

Day 4.

MASH POTATOS.
mmmmmmmmm
Sleep!!

And here we are today. on Day #4.
Hopefully I have gone as far up hill as a Have to.
The rode down. However bumpy
has got to be better than the last 3 days..
I dont pray for death anymore..
Just better smelling breath
and STEAK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment