What it takes to do what I do everyday.

Acting Skills, Teaching Skills, Writing Skills, Healing Skills, Reading Skills, Math Skills, Cooking Skills, Believing in the impossible skills. And most importantly Binge Drinking Skills.
Not everyone can do it.. and only the Greats
(Like me) can do it well.. Being a Mother, A wife, A lover, a fighter, a Narrator, A director, a teacher of fine human skills is hard work.. And this is how I do it. Or try anyway.

Friday, December 3, 2010

"Looking for baggage that goes with mine"


Mimi, from RENT (written by Jonathon Larsen)
Says This in one of her songs that she sings in the show.
I was listening to it in the car today while I was taking MY Little Person to Preschool.
The exact quote it "Life is short babe, time is flyin. I'm looking for baggage that goes with mine"
So it got me thinking. And when I start thinkin i cant stop... Sometimes for days. I get so caught up in my interpretation of it all  that I cant stop thinking.
I am a {Married} Woman.. But if something were to happen to my husband. Or we got a divorce. Or Someone stole him away from me what would I have to offer someone else. What Baggage would I be able to let go, and what would I carry on my back into a new relationship. I would probably never get remarried again. But if I did decide too what would people be willing to tolerate?  I have {2} Little people in my life.. They ARE my life. I'm responsible for everything that happens around them. What they eat. What they breath, What they wear and Where they sleep. What I consider  my life source would probably be considered Baggage to someone else. I am 100% devoted to my parents. At times they dont treat me well. They arent nice to me at times and they constantly make me feel guilty to get what they want from me. I am the first to admit the "abuse" But I take it, with a smile. Because I dont want to miss a second of their lives because They arent going to be around forever and I dont want to have a guilty conscious. Baggage!!!
Over the last month I have blogged 51 times.
You can probably tell by my posts that I am a little shall I say {CRAZY}. I have emotional baggage.. Scars that cover gaping wounds and Constantly remind me of the past.. The Beautiful and Blistering parts. I am one big giant Hot Mess. I Cry and yell. Im the worlds best silent treatment-er. I dwell on the negative and sometimes forget to be grateful for the positives in my life. I am needy, I can be extremely caddy and callous. I say whats on my mind and I usually have no regrets. I am emotionally barren when Emotion is needed and like Niagara falls at all the wrong times. I love a little bit too recklessly and I Give my heart to everyone.
I think all of the above attributes that I am not willing to give up. I love who I am, and it's taken me a long time to get that way.. I'm not willing to change the person I have finally excepted, even if it means to never love or be loved again..

No comments:

Post a Comment