What it takes to do what I do everyday.

Acting Skills, Teaching Skills, Writing Skills, Healing Skills, Reading Skills, Math Skills, Cooking Skills, Believing in the impossible skills. And most importantly Binge Drinking Skills.
Not everyone can do it.. and only the Greats
(Like me) can do it well.. Being a Mother, A wife, A lover, a fighter, a Narrator, A director, a teacher of fine human skills is hard work.. And this is how I do it. Or try anyway.

Saturday, December 18, 2010

DO NOT ENTER!

Do you remember as a kid thinking "I will never be like my mother, or father" I will never be like my parents.
I remember saying it. As I have gotten older I catch myself doing things that my parents did. Yelling over dumb things, bickering just to bicker. Saying things like "Because I said so" or "Wait until your father gets home" I catch myself thinking like my mother or playing that martyr like my dad. I hate it. I am trying not to be like them. I hope I am raising my kids in a way that make them proud. A way that they can harvest from and Raise there children.. I dont want them to fear being like me. I hope that I raise them in a way that they want to be like me.
   The road to raising a child inst a one way street. Its like looking at a map. Cross Sections. Stop Signs. U turns. Railway crossings. Street lights and yield signs.. Take caution.. Parenthood is one bumpy ride..

No comments:

Post a Comment