What it takes to do what I do everyday.

Acting Skills, Teaching Skills, Writing Skills, Healing Skills, Reading Skills, Math Skills, Cooking Skills, Believing in the impossible skills. And most importantly Binge Drinking Skills.
Not everyone can do it.. and only the Greats
(Like me) can do it well.. Being a Mother, A wife, A lover, a fighter, a Narrator, A director, a teacher of fine human skills is hard work.. And this is how I do it. Or try anyway.

Saturday, April 2, 2011

hrmm..

I am struggling today.
Feeling OVERwhelmed and UNDERappreciated..
I wish that there was a way that it could be the other way around.

You know, UNDERwhelmed and OVERappreciated

I went to a little thing the other night
about Motherhood.
we talked about everything from
the guilt we feel
to the joy that we get..

To be perfectly honest
I dont really feel guilty about my parenting.
I feel like my kids are going to be okay.
Xander Cries alot, Eliza can be down right mean.
But you know.
They are going to grow up just the way they are meant too.

But I can say one thing.

I HATE motherhood..
I love bieng a mom.
But I hate all the other parts that come with it
I wish I could just snuggle with my kids.
laugh with them
kiss them and get kissed.
I wish I could trade the long nights in for other things
The cries and whines for laughter.
I wish it were easy.
I wish it weren't thankless.

I wish i felt peace and satisfaction from it
But i dont.
I'm tired. Overwhelmed. unsatisfied.

Whats the matter with me?
Anyone else out there with the same sentiments?
Does anyone else out there wish their kids could call them Auntie instead of Mommy.
Wish That the love was there and less of the responsibility to rear Capable human biengs?

As a Mom we wear many hats.
Cab Driver, Chef, Maid, Therapist, Guiding light,
Nurse, Coach, Teacher..
I wish I could take them all off now and again
and Let my hair down.
I know who I am when I'm not around my kids.
I'm Kat
But when I'm around them..

I'm Mom.

Motherhood is HARD!!!
Wishing for a Break.



1 comment:

  1. I appreciate you, and your kids do too. You're very loved Katrina.

    ReplyDelete