What it takes to do what I do everyday.

Acting Skills, Teaching Skills, Writing Skills, Healing Skills, Reading Skills, Math Skills, Cooking Skills, Believing in the impossible skills. And most importantly Binge Drinking Skills.
Not everyone can do it.. and only the Greats
(Like me) can do it well.. Being a Mother, A wife, A lover, a fighter, a Narrator, A director, a teacher of fine human skills is hard work.. And this is how I do it. Or try anyway.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Martin Luther King Jr.

I posted EXcerts from his "I have a dream speach" in an earlier post. But I wanted to share 3 of my all time favorite MLK jr quotes. Things I stand firm in my ideals and beliefs. Ways I want to live my life. ways I want my children to grow up understanding.

Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable.. Every step toward the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering, and struggle - MLK

I've decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear. MLK
 Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere-MLK.
 
Think about these things. Because they hold true even today. With all the crap that goes on around us. The Hate, The Injustice, The Selfishness.. Its AMAZING to be free of the Racism. The Hate and the Selfishness. My heart bleeds for everyone.  Love is the Rawest human emotion. But the one that everyone fears. Hate is easy to have in our hearts.. Try Loving. It makes the burdens of the world seem far less great. 
 

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! Thanks for sharing the quotes and the insight. You have a very nice blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very deep concepts, to think to traduce in life actions.
    have a nice day
    Blas

    ReplyDelete